Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This and that...

I know that it is hard for some of the full-time workers to get the point for exercise. So, here's a thought...

The recommended amount of daily steps is about 10,000. I am thinking that if you get a pedometer, (you can pick one up at Wal-mart, Target etc for about $10-$20) and reach the recommended 10,000 steps, you can get the exercise point. Let me know what you think.

I think it will also show you how much you are or are not already walking. I think it's a simple solution to get a hard point. :) Also, there have been some questions as to exactly just what a sweet treat is. If you go to dinner and pick up a dinner mint on the way out, I hardly classify that as a sweet treat. If you have some jam on your toast, well that is hardly a cookie. I am going to define a sweet treat as anything loaded with sugar, like a hot fudge sundae or a cookie or something of the pastry, candy bar nature. Use your own judgement here, but be careful because too much jam and too many mints can = some serious calories which just turn into pounds!

5 comments:

The Balls said...

This is an interactive blog people! Tell me what you think, we want to hear about you and your team! I am not a blog stalker, but I have needed some interaction on occasion...let's talk! :)

Ransom Family said...

So... is one little hershey's kiss a sweet treat. I am just kidding because I don't stop with just one!

Michelle and James said...

I'm excited that walking will count towards the excercise because lets face it people I'm lazy. Not mention the fact that is is freezing outside & I am not about to get up at the butt crack of dawn to go jogging. Besides lets face it $ doesn't grow on trees and gym memberships aren't exactly cheap. So thanks for the walking tip much appreciated.

Michelle and James said...

You are very lenient when it comes to the sweet treats part of this comp because I took it as no sweet treats at all. I haven't been eating any at all. (at least the last 3 weeks)The first week was very hard but it has gotten easier. I feel that it is way too tempting to have just one because I know I will have more.

Michelle and James said...

Hey Ellen for veggies and fruits I know you don't like fruits with seeds but can you make a smothie and then strain it? I have one for breakfast alot with 100% juice and fruits for at least 2 of the servings and its a great breakfast for on the go. You can also drink 100% juices for a serving. I have ventured out of my comfort zone to try new ones and if I don't like it I move on to something else. I have tried artichoke which I never wanted to eat before but hey give it a try. It wasn't to bad.