Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Like it!

Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
- Maya Angelou

I am sure you can all guess why I picked this quote! In order to have a healthy lifestyle and be successful with it you first have to enjoy it. Have you ever been just over the top successful with something that you didn't enjoy doing? I for one have not. While this whole healthy lifestyle business may seem like a pain and at times miserable, wouldn't it be easier if we enjoyed doing it?

Here is my tip for the week: first off discover something you enjoy. Like an evening stroll or if you like cooking, try a new recipe that offers healthy alternative's . Maybe you enjoy working out, try a new workout video. For me it is going running in the mornings with my neighbors. It gets me up and going, gives me a chance to socialize away from my kids and it gets checked off my to do list quite early in the day! For you it may be something entirely different.
FIND OUT WHAT THAT IS and DO IT!

I know that when I like myself I typically feel better about pretty much everything in my life. Have you ever heard it takes three weeks or 21 days to make something a habit? Here we are in the middle of week 3, hows your habit coming along?

So, here is to good, healthy habits and liking ourselves!

1 comment:

susanb said...

Thanks Rachel for doing the blog and keeping track of everyone's points. It keeps me motivated if I have the blog to read and someone that I have to report points to. I did not have the best week last week, it is amazing how quick you can off track when you are out of your normal environment.