Monday, March 2, 2009

Tell me what your thinkin'

Okay, so I for one totally sucked at double point weight loss week! I would still like to do something fun to spice up the competition so let me know what your thoughts are. Diane suggested that maybe we get bonus points for beating our all time high. For example if your best week you had 50 points, if you could step it up and get 55-60, beating your previous high, then you would earn double points. Tell me what you think!

Also, I am sorry the totals didn't get posted last week, but they will be up this week as soon as I have everyone's points (with or without Grant). You guys are all doing great and I really appreciate your hard work and efforts!

I hope everyone has a good week. I will try to post something more interesting in the next couple of days. In the meantime, take a look at this weeks quote. Remember, you can only do the best with what you have!

3 comments:

The Balls said...

Michelle this one's for you...as far as eating out I know when the day has been long and I don't feel like cooking those fast food restuarants are looking mighty fine. Try ordering chicken instead of a hamburger, most places will substitute fries for a side salad (even McDonalds), skip the soda and go for a lemonaide or fruit punch or better yet water. Stay away from the "fried" and lean toward the "grilled" options. Sometime I order the a kids meal because the portions are smaller but you still get a little bit of everything. Just try to pick the healthier options on the menu! Remember it's ok to eat out as long as you aren't loading up on the extra cheese etc, make the best of you what you have. :) Good Luck!

Tegan Hall said...

I heard on Good Morning America that the last 2 weeks in February are when people start giving up on their New Year's Resolutions, losing weight, healthier lifestyle, etc. I am falling into that category. I feel like quitting because I am not seeing the results I think I should be seeing at this point. (The double points on weight loss did not work for me either Rachel.) So, maybe its time to change my goal or redouble my efforts.

One of my goals was to become more flexible. Well, I have only really stretched once or twice during this challenge so I guess if my goal is to be more flexible, I should actually make a plan to stick to in order to achieve that goal (stretch daily). The same goes for weight loss. My plan to help me lose weight will be to record what I eat.

I feel like this is a confessional but now that I have told you what my goals are and how I plan to achieve them, I should be more accountable. We have 11 weeks left. I need decide what I want most out of this challenge. I hope the rest of you are still motivated!! Your success are motivating to me. Good luck!!!

Michelle and James said...

Thanks Rachel for the tips. I have to say I thought alot about the double points for weight loss but after only loosing one pound that week (I don't know how I did but I did) I was a little disappointed. Sometimes your body will only do what its going to do even if you do try so I don't know if the double points was as much of an incentive. I like Diane's suggestion. I'm all about beating your all time high it gives you something to work towards that week more then normal. Plus you can see your progress right away comparing each day. I don't have any other suggestions for now. Keep it up people. We have come this far keep going and make the change in your habits.