Monday, May 18, 2009

So I SUCK at blogging! Sorry!

Here's the deal...some of you have expressed interest in continuing with some form of the competition. So we did some revisions and this is what we have come up with:

  • Weight loss: 2 points per pound lost (no more than 10pts per week!)
  • Cardio Exercise: 1 point for every 30 min (max 3pts per day!)
  • Weights/toning/stretching: 1 point for every 20 min, (max 2pts per day)
  • 5 fruits/veggies: 1 point (@ least 3 FRESH fruits/veg)
  • Abstaining from carbonation: 1 point
  • Abstaining from alcohol, caffeine, tobacco: 1 point
  • Not eating after 8PM: 1 point
  • No sugary treats: 1 point
  • Drinking 48-64oz water: 1 point
  • Taking daily multi-vitamin: 1 point
  • 6.5-8 hrs of sleep: 1 point
  • Commenting on the blog: 1 point (max 2 pts per week)
  • Turning points in ON TIME: 1 point
  • Abstaining from fried foods (french fries, burgers, fried chicken etc): 1 point
  • Maintaining a food diary/log: 1 point
This is a proposed point system, if you have any input let me know and we will adjust accordingly! We thought we would start the first week in June, so if you are interested let me know ASAP! We can also assign new teams or keep them as is depending on who is going to continue!

I hope to post the winners this week but haven't received everyone's points. I am very proud of all of you for at least sticking to the program, even if you didn't meet your goal you worked toward it and that is an accomplishment in itself! I hope that if you proceed with this again, we can all work a little harder and truly meet our goals and our healthier lifestyles!

3 comments:

Tegan Hall said...

Well, I for one finished the competition like the little piggies crossing the finish line. We quit keeping track of points these last 2 weeks. Our team concedes. Congratulations to the winners! I am willing to start this again because, actually, it did help me try to be healthier. I was more aware of what I was eating and how much exercise I was getting.

I have one question, will it be one point each day for keeping a food journal or one point per week?

Thanks soooooo much Rachel for keeping this going. I will gladly keep track of points or help any way I can.

susanb said...

I am all for doing this again. It has helped me try to eat healthier but i still have a long way to go. Morgan has even stated that he would join us,only his goal will be to exercise and try to gain weight.(don't we all wish that was our goal) I promise that I will try to comment more and do what ever I can to help. Let us know.

Williamson said...

I like the revisions. I do think the food journal needs clarification as to 1 per day vs 1 per week as well as the fried food. Is there a way that we could have an excel sheet that we would all have responsiblity for entering our own points rather than someone (rachel thanks) having to beat us over the head to turn them in. What if we had to post them as a comment on the blog? If we had to post our own journal on the blog then maybe we could also better support (harrass) others in their areas of weakness. I like the fried food addition because I would find myself loading up on high fat content food because that way I could still have some taste bud satisfaction without the sweet treat. I found this wasn't really an effective weight loss tool though. I personally think cardio exercise should be limited to 2 pts per day same as toning (bet you can tell that isn't where I racked up my points--haha!